Its is clear that computers play a vital role in marketing in the current era.
Databases. The first obvious use if computers is to categorise various data sources using databases.
Call centre environments: Computers are often used in a call centre environment to log calls. One can imagine how difficult it would eb to log various calls without the use of computers. For example in a big call centre environment there would be no continuity.
Statistical applications. One often uses computers to undertake statistical process. Statistics are a key component of any marketing strategy.
Design of advertising. Computers are often used to design ads. These can differ from utilising computer assisted drawing all the way up to utilising computers to edit videos and sound clips.
Communication. From emails to the broadcast ads, computers are used.
Above but a few examples of the use of computers is mentioned. For any effective marketing department adequate computer skills and knowledge are required.
Course are offered in a range of computer skills which would supplement any marketer’s skills:
- PC Training – Adobe Creative Suite
- PC Training – CAD Training Center
- PC Training- CompTIA
- PC Training-Computer Literacy
- PC Training- CorelDRAW
- PC Training- HTML & CSS: Website Design
- Microsoft suite of software:
- Microsoft Access – this assist with databases (eg customers)
- Microsoft Excel – this is ideal for market analysis
- Microsoft Outlook – this assist with communication
- Microsoft Powerpoint – ideal for slides
- Microsoft Project – manage big marketing projects
- Microsoft Publisher – ads etc..
- Microsoft SharePoint – – key documents
- Microsoft SQL Server – big databases.
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft Windows Learning Center
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft Word – essential to produce documents.
- Sage Pastel Accounting
- Part Time Courses
As can be seen from the above computers play a vital role in any marketing department.